Data Sheet :
- IC 74155 is a dual 1:4 line demultiplexer with individual strobe inputs.
- It has common binary address inputs (A, B and C) and it is available in single 16 pin package.
- To enable a section, we have to connect the corresponding strobe input to ground.
- When both the sections are enabled, the common binary address inputs (A, B, C) can be used to select the outputs of both sections.
- the data applied to input IC is inverted at its output and that applied at pin number 15 is not inverted through the output.
Demultiplexer Tree :
- Similar to multiplexer we can construct the demultiplexer with more number of lines using demultiplexer having lower number of lines.
- This is called as demultiplexer tree. It is also called as cascading of demultiplexers.
Types of Demultiplexer :
1. 1:2 Demultiplexer
2. 1:4 Demultiplexer
3. 1:8 Demultiplexer
4. 1:16 Demultiplexer
5. 1:32 Demultiplexer